Thursday, October 8, 2009

Birds


I was at one of my favorite places today, The Paradise Bakery, (http://www.paradisebakery.com/), and I was eating outside because the weather was perfect. I like to eat outside when I go to Chipotle too. I love having birds surround me and watching how brave they get just for a crumb or two.

Today there were so many birds around me I thought for sure I was in a Disney movie.


I broke into song and they flocked to me even more. Ok, that's not true. It was fun to watch them get closer and closer as I taunted them with bread crumbs, dropping them closer and closer to my chair.

Then I heard a loud clap and there was an old man playing security guard. He scared the birds away and told me I'm not allowed to feed them. It's not like they're pigeons, but whatever.



I'm a little concerned however that I will be the bird lady from Mary Poppins. Maybe I enjoy being surrounded by birds a little too much...