
I got a phone call a little late last night from someone I've known a few years now. I sent a text that probably prompted the phone call, but this person has always consistently called me almost monthly to stay caught up with me and what's going on in my life. This person never tells me what I want to hear but what I need to hear and I feel comfortable purging all the gory details of my life without judgment. I was so happy after hanging up last night, even though the conversation wasn't very long, (mostly because we stay caught up), that I woke up this morning still happy from that conversation.
My point is this, there are people in your life that seem to always be there for you. That time and time again will put your needs above their own if they even sense that you're going through a tough time. That knowledge alone seems to breathe new life into me. Knowing that I matter to people that much seems to give me the strength and confidence to carry on with whatever trial I'm experiencing at the moment.
People can have such a powerful influence on you. Just when you feel like there's nothing more of yourself you can give to anyone because you feel forgotten by the people you wish would remember you and the people you wish would forget you, don't or can't... that's when someone remembers you and seems to make everything all better.
So, this compels me to say thank you to all of my dear friends who have been there for me and let them know what they mean to me. And to let you know that I want and hope to be that for you in your time of need. :)
Image is: Friends by kingmouf (I picked it because of the Converse. You're welcome Holly.)